Hey you! Did you notice anything different? That’s right, website got a lil’ face lift. Maybe you’ve seen it already. Either way, hope you like it. I’ve been waiting to post, till I had something fun to share.
Jessie from Still Playing House nominated me for the Liebster Award! Cool right! Thanks Jessie! I enjoyed reading about Jessie and Pam in their Liebster post!
WHAT IS THIS, you ask? It’s an award for smaller blogs asking us to answer some questions and write some random facts. It helps to get to know each other better. So here goes 🙂
Q & a
- What is your favorite memory?
Oh man, not sure I can choose… 1. I have several beautiful memories of horseback riding 2. Childhood days spent on the beach, playing in waves and collecting sea shells. 3. Running ridiculously free as a kid 4. Sitting on my Dad’s shoulders at Disneyland to watch the fireworks after a long day of fun 5. My dating days with hubby 6. Hilariously laughing with friends 7. Lake Days- boating, wake boarding and teaching others to 8. Giving birth to my girls 9. Park days, picnics and pushing my kids on swings while watching them sweetly laugh. 10. Playing softball 11. Whale watching in a tiny boat with whales dancing all around us, within arms reach! It was glorious.
- What is the funniest thing you ever saw, heard, or experienced?
One of the funniest things I ever saw were the legs of a grasshopper sticking out of a guys mouth. It was a drinking party. Someone told him he couldn’t eat this grasshopper, that he wouldn’t do it. He said, I’ll ****ing do it, snatched it up, shoved it in his mouth and held it there as the legs dangled out of his mouth. Maybe it doesn’t sound so funny, but at the moment it was pretty hilarious. Of course, what followed next was telling him that he couldn’t chew it……. nuff said! haha.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
I have two for you.
-When I was about 10, my older brother tickled me till I peed my pants. That sucked.
-My feet were so swollen from having been pregnant, I had to wear Crocs. The original ones…. bad choice. Even my jeans did not hide them. My friend was kind enough to save me from myself. I no longer wear them. lol
- If you could do anything what would it be?
-I would learn everything, know all the mysteries of life. I love to learn.
-If that was not an option, then I would want to fly, like Superman, that would be awesome!
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
My most amazing creations to date, are my 3 incredible children (6, 8 and 10.) Nothing else even compares, except perhaps being married to my sweetheart for 20 years. We married at 18 and no one thought it would last. It hasn’t all been a bed of roses, but pretty darn close. I’m pretty proud of that too.
- If you could hire someone to do something for you on a weekly basis what would it be?
House cleaning, laundry, & cooking.
- How many states or countries have you lived in?
Two, California and Nevada
- What’s your best piece of advice to give someone?
Turn off the t.v. Question everything. Find something to focus on, follow your dreams and don’t listen to other people’s negativity. Connect to the great Creator and seek out your own answers, find your North, and rock on!
- What is your favorite food?
Well, it’s definitely not pancakes, haha. I love Mexican food! Followed closely by Thai and German.
- What do you like most about yourself?
I think I like my positive attitude the most. I try to see the bright side of things. I also like my grit and determination, my curiosity and desire to learn. What about you? We don’t get to say these things often enough, share in comments!
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take three things with you, what would they be?
A yacht, my man, and a fridge full of food and water, of course!
11 Random Facts about me
- I do not like to cook. I know this is majorly offensive to some, but it’s a reality. I can’t help it, don’t’ judge me! Haha.
- I love peaches and strawberries (but not pancakes)
- I love to sew and craft.
- I don’t believe everything the mass media feed us. Free thinkers unite!
- I love horses and riding bareback, like people did before there was such things as saddles. I also like to ride Western and have a few ribbons from it.
- I want to learn how to surf! Do big girls surf??
- I love to travel and explore, it cures my innate curiosity.
- I love seahorses, cats, horses and mermaids. What?
- I love to roller skate
- I’m a tomboy and proud of it. I know the new movement is to say I’m a girl (and that’s suppose to be enough) but whatever. I am not a princess, I don’t give a crap about my nails or makeup. But I totally believe in being sexy. I’m athletic, outgoing, adventurous, and I love the outdoors. I love to shoot (targets) but not hunt (so don’t ask me to touch a carcass, eww!) haha.
- If it we weren’t for hubby, I’d probably be a vegetarian.
And now to pass the baton. I nominate Mary of Groovity Designs! She’s a super sweet person and friend, but also a fabulous detailed designer with an eye for pysanky. She just published Color like Crazy! Kaleidoscope Mandala Designs and I jut know we’ll see much more from this talented lady!
Here are her questions:
- What is your number 1 goal right now?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What has most influenced your creativity and why?
- Where is your dream vacation?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- Dogs or Cats?
- If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- Link back and thank the person who nominated you
- Answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 11 blogs with 200 followers or less and give them 11 questions to answer on their blog
Aaaand, never forget, you are:
So, you’re using WordPress.com and you want to put a skype button link on your blog, but this darn site doesn’t accept that coding! Urgh, so frustrating! I know! Since I just went through this, I thought I’d share this easy ‘how to‘ with you. Fret no more, here’s the HACK I used. Easy, step by step directions to place a link from your blog, to your Skype profile.
You will place one of these Skype codes below into the address shortener, but don’t shorten until you have replaced vivayne1 with your own username.
Your code should read skype:YOURSKYPEUSERNAME?chat (or call if you want them to call you every time someone clicks your Skype button) Now click the ‘shorten’ button. You should now have an address, rather than that funny Skype code above. This new address can now be used on your blog. Now you can create your own Skype widget, which you can find under appearance, widgets, and select the image widget.
Here is coding for a text widget, if you prefer.
<a href=”YOUR LINK HERE” target=”_blank”><img title=”Skype” src=”YOUR IMAGE SOURCE.jpeg” alt=”Email” width=”35″ height=”35″ /></a>
Hope you’re havin a kick ass day, which means either Monday is your day off, or you love your job! Woohoo for job loving freaks, haha. Seriously, if that’s you, A.W.E.S.O.M.E!
So, today I’m just doin’ a little fly by. Wanted to let you in on what’s going on around here!
I’ve been busy working on my NEW LOOK. Yeah baby, gettin’ ready to make some changes. By the way, I love change. Do you? I know a lot of people don’t, it’s work, but it’s just so exciting! 🙂
But really, I kind of HAVE to change. Since taking Smart Creative Women by Monica Lee, I have a better idea where I want to take this, here, little website!! Yes, it took a lot of time and yes, it was totally worth it. It’s a fab course, especially for anyone who feels their inner workings are a great mystery <—-um, me, haha. Also, it will help you to not get swept away, from your true self, as you grow your business. No on likes a copy cat. Yay, I have my North!! Onward —————————>
I found that while I thought I liked EVERYTHING, I actually am very particular. And while I love street wear, I’m a total hippie at heart. It was no surprise that NATURE is my hugest love. Gosh I love this amazing thing we call our planet and the amazing God who created it. And I love natural beauty and finding the upside of things…. and and and… stick around, you’ll surely hear more!
How about you, are you a pessimist or an optimist? I think I could make you sick with all my optimism, so if you need more of that, might as well CLICK THE FOLLOW BUTTON BELOW, haha.
So, I’ve decided to finally create myself a logo and get the party started… up in this piece! Yay ya. Today, I’m gonna be a total tease, and show you part of my new design….
What, that’s it? Yep, for now. I guess you could always follow my Instagram if you want to see more, I always post there first, it’s quicker. I still have some things to work out. But I can’t wait for you to see what else I have in store. I know I haven’t been the best blogging buddy, hoping to fix that as well…mmm soon haha. Will you join me on my little journey?
My sweet friend Jo showed me these gorgeous Chanel designs from the 2015 show and can I just say WOW!
Exquisite work, right!
Okay, this one (below) is my absolute fav! I mean the blue with that yellow! But what really gets me excited are those OMBRE flowers… so mushy and look at that texture! YES please!! I love how the center is dark but the purple seams to naturally turn to a red, and then orange and yellow.
Plus those shimmery sequins, talk about icing on the cake! I spotted this trend about 6 months ago, but it’s Chanel official now!
Not too sure about the boxy shirts with pencil skirts for my own style, but the photos I posted here, love ’em! I love the low ballerina skirts too! … And this black top!!
Perhaps a bra though, or some pasties, hahaha 🙂
I noticed a tad bit of the 20’s to 40’s coming back in some of the other outfits, which I LOVE in the traditional flapper styles.
You know what else I like, besides those ombre flowers? Ombre hair styles!
Eeek, OMBRE is coming in, what did I tell you!
Okay, one last thing, a little uplifting
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Hi guys!! Sorry I haven’t written sooner. I’ve been so busy getting ready for Christmas AND dut dut dun…. surgery. Ugh. I know, it’s crap, but I had to have, yet, another surgery on my shoulder. Still couldn’t lift my arm over my head, without it being painful. Yes, still from that car accident! I was able to do this design in my journal yesterday but it took much longer than it should have, grrr. Do you have any goals for the new year? Wanna turn over a new leaf? Tell me!
Here I am, a few days after my surgery, happy to have had a shower! Don’t look too close, no makeup, didn’t even brush my hair, but no worries, I gave myself an Instagram glow, that app works miracles 😉
Okay so I just wanted to GIVE YOU A HEADS UP: I’m restructuring my website. I’m not sure how long it will take. I’m hoping to:
- change up the navigation
- get it properly categorized
- redo the front page
If you’re following the blog, WordPress may send you more emails than I would ever send. I have looked up how to avoid this. By making my blog private, you won’t get an email for every updated post I have to do. Here’s to hoping it works! Hope you can bear with me while I try to get everything in order!
I’m gearing up for the new year! Sure hope you’ll come along for the ride!
Hello again 🙂 Was your Thanksgiving awesome?
Mine was very nice. We went out this year, for the first time in over 3 years. Nice steakhouse! My favorite was the acorn squash soup, very decadent and rich. But the best part? NO DISHES! Okay, I admit I did miss our own home cooking, but it was a lovely change. And… Since I didn’t have to do any cooking on Thanksgiving Day (score!), I sat, all cozy, on the couch and did some hand lettering. I still have to add textures but I’ll share anyway.
I enjoyed taking the holiday off and now I’m feeling those warm fuzzy feelings that come with the season. Here is a little snapshot of our tree. Isn’t it magical?! Have you gotten yours up yet?
Aaaand, either my neighbor is super cool and loves Pink Floyd, or he is an engineer? Look!
You didn’t know, but it was my Birthday on the 7th. Yep, Pearl Harbor Day (several years later though). I got some very cool gifts this year… a color guide, Lisa Congdon’s Art inc, some pens (because a girl never has enough of those!), a Silhouette Cameo (to cut my designs out with, eek, exciting), a delicious smelling candle and more. Here is a picture of a gift from my dear friend, Violet. I’m kind of crushing on sea glass lately. There are some pieces in there.
My husband made a beautiful crown roast with loaded baked potatoes and vegies. Oh my gosh, that roast was so savory…mmm! I think he’s mastered that Trager grill! Have you heard of the Trager, you should check it out!
This year felt especially sweet though. While we can’t always get along with everyone (because people suck, naturally, they can’t help it lol), I felt that I was given the gift of sight, to see how beautiful my friends were and how sweet their wishes for me were. I felt the love and blessings of friendship, familiar faces and truly caring friends and family.
I’ll let you in on a little secret. I am not big on celebrating my birthday. While I am an extrovert and love attention, somehow I feel self absorbed to have a huge deal made over it. Funny huh? How do you feel about your birthday? Share in the comments, I wanna hear!
This was the cake. It was simple, but coconutty & delicious. My (super) husband made it!
Okay, so…. That was nice to catch up with you! I’ll leave you with this little doodle, a reminder to keep your focus on the thing that matters most, LOVE!
See you again soon,
If you DON”T want to MISS A THING, hit that little BLUE button below that says Follow This Blog to receive blog posts in your e-mail inbox! It’s super easy to unfollow, if once per week turns out to be too often for you. 🙂
Seeking your inner bad ass? Here’s a little bucket list for ya! p.s. do them at your own risk 😉 [Click to Tweet]
Who doesn’t love a good adventure? Here we go, the easy stuff first:
- Wear black
- Hit the batting cages
- Take a workout class (get ripped!)
- Go rollerskating/rollerblading (up your game – join the derby!)
- Ride horses (run horses, it’s amazing – or a trail ride.)
- Organize a flash mob & execute (even if it’s not so tough, it’ll be awesome)
- Go to a demolition derby (up your game – be in one!)
- Race BMX
- Take a road trip
- Go mudboggin’ (who’s got a truck?)
- Ride atv’s or dirt bikes (races are fun even to watch)
- Learn to shoot guns (It’s not as hard as some think. Get your ccw)
- Learn to shoot cross bows (or anything for that matter)
- Learn self defense
- Wakeboard, knee board, water ski (it’s the best!)
- Drive a suped-up classic muscle car
- Surf or windsurf (someday I’ll learn)
- Ride motorcycle (community colleges offer amazing course and licensing)
- Get a tattoo (hope you don’t change your mind as much as I do!)
- Take a dance class (Hip Hop, Salsa, Swing, Belly Dancing, Break Dancing)
- Take Boxing (make ’em bleed, better them, than you! lol)
- Snow Board (I’ve got no skills, how about you?)
- Bubble Soccer! (tell me that does not look fun!)
- Go river rafting
- Sword fight (take fencing or learn Samurai Kembu)
- Zip lining (wee)
- Bungee jumping (getting nervous)
- Skydiving (hmmm, maybe. It’s less expensive than one might think)
- Nevis Arc – Worlds Highest Swing (um, not for me)
- Try Climbing (maybe not this extreme)(p.s. just watching this gets me high, phew)
Okay! So, to be bad ass, learn something new, conquer it, own it, work it. Crush your fears! What? Share your creation for everyone to critique? Yep, we gotta be brave!
Do something extraordinary! Society? Give it the middle finger and do what you do, regardless (this is not legal advice)!
Be carefree! Shun haters! Unless you look ridiculous, then get a grip, lol. Less talk, more action!
Aaaaand Finally, just know that if you brave life daily, you are already a bad ass! I’m dyin’ to know which of the above YOU are game for???? Let me know in the comments below! Have a blessed week!
Don’t forget to hit that little BLUE button below that says Follow This Blog to receive blog posts in your e-mail inbox! It’s super easy to unfollow, if once a week turns out to be too much for you.